The Growing Usage of VoIP Phone and Internet Services
The VoIP for businesses market has risen in growth substantially over the past few years, as businesses and residential customers have discovered the convenience and money savings they can get from signing up for bundled VoIP services. Businesses especially benefit, because they receive one bill and VoIP enables them to have consistent services, while growing their revenues simultaneously. The following are interesting facts and statistics that will give a clear picture of just how popular VoIP services have become throughout the United States.
The Straight Facts on VoIP for Businesses
- Commercial VoIP customers account for nearly 31% of the total United States VoIP market.
- VoIP customers grew by a rate of 12.9% annually from 2009-2014.
- Remote working opportunities for employees have risen by more than 25% over the last 5 years due to VoIP capabilities.
- VoIP improves customer relations and company productivity.
- VoIP enables commercial and residential customers to save up to 79% on domestic and international telephone calls.
The Outlook for Mobile VoIP Services by 2020
- Mobile VoIP services currently generate $18 billion in annual revenue, compared to $12 billion for fixed VoIP services.
- Major cellular companies will be offering just as many VoIP minute packages as what they do standard voice minutes by 2020.
- When Apple launched the iPhone 4, more than 1 million users downloaded the mobile App for VoIP within 48 hours of the launch. The demand is staggering, and customers want their voice carriers to move much more quickly to make the services available.
- Mobile VoIP services will be the way businesses predominately communicate with their customers by 2020, and residential VoIP customers will increase rapidly, while standard landlines become a thing of the past.
While VoIP has been slower to roll out than what most experts anticipated, it is definitely here to stay and is believed to be the way most people will communicate by 2020.